2 large chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into ½ inch strips
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
32 ounces organic chicken broth
1 sweet onion, diced
2 jalepenos, de-seeded and diced
2 cups of shredded carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbs tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
1-2 cups water
1. In a crockpot or large dutch oven over med-high heat, place a dash of olive oil and about ¼ cup chicken broth.
2. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, sea salt and pepper and cook until soft, adding more broth as needed.
3. Then add all of your remaining ingredients and enough water to fill to the top of your pot.
4. Cover and let cook on low for about 2 hrs, adjusting salt & pepper as needed.
5. Once the chicken is fully cooked, you should be able to shred it very easily. You could also use a fork or tongs to break the chicken apart and into shreds.
6. Top with avocado slices and fresh cilantro. Enjoy.