4 bone-in pork chops, with the trimmings
3 tbsp lard, butter, ghee or coconut oil
2 large onions, sliced
4 sliced and cored apples
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Melt 2 tbsp of the cooking fat and fry the chops, about 5 minutes on each side, until well cooked and browned.
3. Set the pork chops aside, reduce the heat to medium-low, add the other tbsp of cooking fat and add the onion and apple slices.
4. Cook for about 4 minutes, until the onions have caramelized and the apple slices are slightly soft.
5. Serve the chops with the topping of apple and onions.