12 eggs, separated
2/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
1 can coconut cream
1-2 еablespoons honey
1/2 cup jam
1. Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (338F)
2. Grease and line two 20cm (8 inch) round pans with baking paper.
3. Beat egg whites with electric beaters until they form soft peaks.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and honey until pale yellow. (1-2 mins)
5. Add coconut flour, vanilla powder and baking soda to yolks & honey and beat until well combined.
6. Using a metal spoon, mix 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the egg & flour mixture.
7. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
8. Divide mixture between the pans and bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown and top feels done.
9. Cool cakes on wire racks.
10. When cakes are cool, use electric beaters to beat the coconut cream that has separated to the top of the can. (About 1 cup) Add honey to taste.
11. Decorate with a layer of jam, then a layer of cream between the two layers.
12. Sprinkle top with coconut flour or decorate with more cream and fresh strawberries.
13. Serve straight away, or store in the fridge.