4 Bell Peppers
½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
½ Red Onion, chopped
1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1 Cup Carrots, grated
1 Cup Baby Spinach
1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp. Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut the top of the peppers and discard membrane and seeds. Reserved the top for later.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add carrots, spinach and parsley. Let spinach wilt then stir in cinnamon, cumin and cooked quinoa. Toss gently to combine.
5. Add salt, pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Set aside to let filling cool until warm.
6. Divide quinoa mixture evenly among the 4 bell peppers. Top each pepper with its reserved top then arranges them upright in a glass-baking dish.
7. Cover snugly with foil and bake for about 1 hour, checking halfway through, until peppers are tender and juicy.
8. Transfer to plate and serve.