1 pound spicy Italian sausage
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
7 cups water
3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chopped kale
1 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper
1. In a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
2. In the same dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon; remove and set aside. Leave two tablespoons of rendered bacon fat in the skillet.
3. Saute the potatoes, onion, and garlic in the rendered bacon fat over medium or low-medium heat.
4. Saute until the onion begins to be translucent and the potatoes have are still a little firm, but are beginning to soften.
5. Add the sausage, bacon, 7 cups water, and 3 chicken bouillon cubes to the pot. Simmer until the potatoes are tender.