2 sticks celery
2 medium brown onions
2 cloves garlic
1.2kg sweet potato (kumera)
bunch of fresh parsley
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1.8 litres water or stock
1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
fresh red chilli
1. Prepare all your vegetables – Peel and roughly slice the carrots, Slice the celery, Peel and roughly chop the onions, Peel and slice the garlic, Peel and chop the sweet potato, Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks.
2. Put a large pan on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of EVOO. Add all your chopped vegetables and curry powder, and mix together with a wooden spoon.
3. Cook for 10-15 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
4. Add the stock to the pot, give it a good stir and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through.
5. Using a hand blender, pulse or blend until the soup is a consistency to your liking. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper as required.