2 chicken breasts
2 spring onions
1 small continental cucumber
20 Chinese Peeking Duck pancakes
Hoi Sin Sauce
2 tbsp Hoi Sin sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
pinch Chinese 5 spice powder
1. Trim the chicken breast of all fat and place in a glass or non-reactive dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients (2 tbsp Hoi Sin sauce, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp garlic, crushed, 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated, pinch Chinese 5 spice powder), and thoroughly coat the chicken. Leave in the fridge for several hours, or as long as you have. After the chicken has had time to marinate, cook it for 20-25 minutes in a 180C/356F oven.
2. Cut the cucumber into 5 cm sections and then into matchsticks. Do the same with the spring onions using only the white and light green part of the onion.
3. Heat the pancakes according to the packet instructions.
4. Cut the chicken into strips.
5. To make the pancake, smear some sauce onto the centre of the pancake, and top with slices of chicken, cucumber and onion. Roll up and eat. Serves
4. Enjoy with Chinese jasmine or Oolong tea.