1 cup of self-raising (self-rising) flour
1 cup of non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon bi-carbonate of soda (baking soda)
1. The first step is to make buttermilk. That is, soured milk. To do this, add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar (or lemon juice) to your milk, and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile gently heat a frying pan so it’s ready.
3. Place the flour and the extra bi-carb soda in a bowl. Add the egg and the buttermilk and whisk together.
4. The batter will be quite runny. Make sure the pan is hot (med-high heat) before adding the batter. Brush the pan with a little macadamia oil (or just use a good non-stick pan), then pour some batter in the pan.
5. Cook until there are lots of bubbles on top of the pancake. It is now ready to turn over. Lift the pancake up with a spatula and flip it over. You will get about 3 pancakes from this batter. You can easily double the recipe.