1-1.2kg zucchini trimmed
1-2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2-4 large cloves of garlic, sliced
2 cups (500ml) of vegetable stock
Salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
Herbs – 1 small bunch of either parsley
Spices small red chilli
1. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then into 1 inch/2.5cm pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and cook the garlic and zucchini (and curry powder, if using) gently and slowly over low heat for 25-35 minutes, until the zucchini is soft and slightly brown. If you don’t want to use oil, add a splash of water to the pan and put the lid on to create steam.
3. Add the stock, and season with salt and pepper and gently heat for a couple of minutes. Do not overcook the soup at this point or it may lose it’s colour and turn grey.
4. Puree with a hand held blender to your preferred consistency.
5. Stir through the herbs (or chilli), taste to adjust the seasoning and serve.