2 cups corn masa flour
1 ¼ cups of hand warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Add the flour, salt and olive oil (if using) to a bowl.
2. Gradually add the water mixing with your hands until it comes together in a ball. Add more flour or water if needed.
3. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
4. Cut the ball of dough into quarters, and cut each quarter into 4, so you have 16 portions of dough. Roll each portion into a small ball.
5. Cut a zip lock plastic bag down the side seams and line the tortilla press (or use squares of cling wrap or flour both sides of the tortilla press)
6. Place a ball of dough in the center of the press, then use the lever handle to press the tortilla. To place the tortillas onto the grill, gently peel back the top plastic, flip the tortilla onto the palm of your hand and remove the back of the plastic.
7. Cook fresh tortillas on hot BBQ for 1-2 minutes.
8. When they puff up and curl around the edges, turn and cook the other side for about 1 minute. Stack on a plate/basket covered with a tea towel so the tortillas steam and soften.