4 thick slices of good bread
2 organic eggs
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey
Fresh fruit to serve
Maple syrup for drizzling
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F
2. Place the bread in a ceramic or pyrex dish just big enough to hold the bread.
3. In a bow or jug, mix the egg, milk, vanilla and honey with a whisk.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and allow it too stand for 20 minutes to soak up the liquid.
5. You can turn the bread after 10 minutes if you like.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the bread is golden.
7. Serve with fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. You can also sprinkle with a little icing sugar or cinnamon.