2 smoked chicken breasts, sliced
2 ripe avocados
2 medium firm but ripe mangoes
small bunch mixed salad leaves
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
2 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp avocado oil
Salt & pepper
1. Divide the salad leaves amongst 4 plates or bowls.
2. Cut the mangoes down either side of the pip, peel the skin, and cut into slices. Place on the salad leaves.
3. Halve the avocados, remove the stone, peel and slice into strips. If you are going this in advance, squeeze a little lemon juice on the avocado to stop it going brown. Place on the mango slices.
4. Slice the smoked chicken (or grilled or poached chicken) into slices and layer on top of the mango and avocado.
5. Place orange juice, lemon juice, wholegrain mustard, extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad plates.
6. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the salad. Macadamia nuts are also good and give the salad some crunch.