2 chicken breasts
½ butternut pumpkin
1 cup cous cous
small bunch spinach and/or rocket leaves
seasoning for pumpkin – cayenne pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Peel and cut the pumpkin into 3cm cubes. Toss in some olive oil and season with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or cumin. Roast on a baking tray in 200C oven for 30-40 minutes until caramalised.
2. Poach or grill the chicken and cut into slices. To poach, place chicken breasts into just simmering water for 20 minutes.
3. Make the cous cous according to packet instructions – to get fluffy cous cous, use a wide pan or dish.
4. Place lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and in a screw top jar and shake to combine.
5. Fluff the cous cous with a fork, add the chicken, pumpkin and salad leaves and toss to combine. Drizzle the salad with the dressing.