2 chicken breast fillets
½ cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 tbsp cornflour, mixed in a little milk or water
2 tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp herbs – thyme, parsley, tarragon
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Poach the chicken breasts in simmering water for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then shred.
2. Wash the leeks. Cut into quarters lengthwise then slice.
3. Heat a little oil in a heavy pan on low heat and gently sweat the leeks with the lid askew for 10-15 minutes. Make sure they don’t catch and burn.
4. Add the wine and cook until it evaporates. Gradually stir in 2 cups of chicken stock and cook to reduce for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the non-dairy milk and cornflour and simmer until thickened – about 5 minutes.
6. Add the shredded chicken, Dijon mustard, herbs, and season with salt & pepper. Allow the mixture to cool.
7. Spoon the pie filling into individual pots. Can add other cooked vegetables such as carrot or mushroom now. Top each pie with 2-3 sheets of filo pastry brushed with a little oil or egg wash and bake in 200C oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Can top pastry with sesame or poppy seeds.