600g (2 cups) cold pre-cooked jasmine rice
225g chicken breast, finely diced
12 green prawns, peeled and chopped in half/pieces
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 green onions, finely chopped on the diagonal
6 dried Chinese mushrooms, pre-soaked in hot water
1 carrot, finely diced
1 green or red capsicum (half of each), finely diced
2 tablespoons peanut oil/rice bran oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated root ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
2 tablespoons Shaohsing rice wine
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon 5 spice powder
ground white pepper
1 tsp white sugar
1. Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Add the ginger, garlic and Chinese mushroom and cook for a few seconds.
2. Add the carrot and capsicum and fry for a minute.
3. Add chicken, and cook for a minute or until chicken turns white
4. Add the seafood and cook for a minute or two.
5. Add the rice and cook stirring
6. Make a well in the center, add the eggs and cover with rice. Leave for 30 seconds then start tossing the rice. This is called mixing the gold (eggs) and silver (rice), Stir fry for 2-3 minutes until hot.
7. Add the Shaohsing wine, dark soy, sugar and 5 spice powder or white pepper (optional). Toss in the spring onions. Stir to heat through rice and break up any clumps. Serve with soy sauce, and a little sesame oil.