1-2 chicken breasts, poached and sliced
2 ripe avocados, sliced
4 firm but ripe peaches
small bunch mixed salad leaves
2 tbsp walnuts , toasted
2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
1tsp sugar/honey, 1 small red chilli, chopped
1. Divide the salad leaves amongst 4 plates or bowls (can also use celery or blanched snow peas).
2. Halve the avocados, remove the stone, peel and slice into strips. If you are going this in advance, squeeze a little lemon juice on the avocado to stop it going brown.
3. Place on the salad leaves. Slice the chicken (grilled or poached chicken) into slices and layer on top of the salad leaves and avocado.
4. Cut the peaches around the stone, to remove it and cut into slices. Place on the salad leaves.
5. Place lemon juice, olive oil, sugar/honey and 1 small red chilli in a screw top jar and shake to combine. Pour over the salad plates.
6. Sprinkle toasted walnuts over the salad. Pecan and pistachio nuts are also good and give the salad some crunch.