large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
cherry tomatoes, halved
shredded or fresh mozzarella
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
3. Brush the caps and rims with olive oil on each mushroom.
4. Slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half, place in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add chopped basil, salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
5. Place your cheese on the bottom of the mushroom cap, spoon on the tomato basil mixture and bake until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked but not overcooked.