1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
100g mushrooms, sliced
100g ricotta cheese
50g fresh spinach, thinly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs with the milk and plenty of black pepper.
3. In a separate mug or bowl, combine the spinach and ricotta.
4. Remove the onion mixture from the heat, and transfer to an oven-proof dish if you’re planning on baking your frittata. If not, leave it in the pan. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables, and dollop the ricotta mixture on top, ensuring that all areas of the frittata get some ricotta.
5. If you’ve constructed your frittata right in the frying pan, use this method to cook your eggs, alternating between the hob and the grill to cook the frittata from both sides. Alternatively, place your oven-proof dish in the oven, and bake for around 20 minutes at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F), until the eggs have set.