Yield 12 muffins
1/2 pound ground Italian pork
4 ounces frozen chopped broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
12 parchment paper muffin wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave frozen broccoli florets until thawed (approximately 4 minutes) and drain.
4. If using a muffin tin, line tin with parchment paper wrappers. If using silicone muffin cups, place cups on a baking sheet lined with foil (to catch any egg overflow and making clean-up much easier!).
5. In a large bowl, combine sausage, broccoli and cheese. Spoon mixture into cups, filling them 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add the egg mixture.
6. In another bowl with a pour spout, beat together 12 eggs. Add salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup, being careful to leave a little room (1/4 inch or so) at the top.
7. Bake 25 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are firm. Variation: Instead of Italian sausage, try diced bacon, Canadian bacon, ham, chorizo or crumbled breakfast sausage. Try other veggies such as diced red pepper, spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. Mix and match at will!