4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken in the flour, then shake off excess flour.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then add the chicken and cook it until browned. Set the chicken aside.
3. Add mushrooms, wine, broth, and juice to pan; turn the heat to low and simmer until the sauce is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
4. Whisk 1 teaspoon of cornstarch into the sauce to thicken it. You can add additional cornstarch in 1/2 teaspoon increments to the sauce to obtain desired thickness.
5. Return chicken to pan, turning to coat well. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with parsley.