2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 small onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
salt and black pepper
1. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook and stir the onion, celery, and carrots in the hot oil until tender, about 7 minutes.
3. Add the quinoa, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and sage.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the chicken meat; season with salt and pepper.