1 Pound fresh salmon
1/2 red bell pepper
2 celery stalks
1 Teaspoon stoneground mustard
5 Tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
1 Tablespoon capers, drained
4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 Teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1 Hass avocado
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 Teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a small amount of oil in 4 spots about 6 inches apart. Set aside.
2. Coarsely chop the red pepper and celery. Skin salmon if skin is intact and chop into 4-inch pieces. Place all into a food processor. A food processor is not required, just be sure to finely chop all ingredients before combining (including the capers and parsley below).
3. Add the mustard, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, capers, parsley, egg and Old Bay seasoning. Pulse 4-5 times just until the salmon is chopped. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a 2/3 cup measuring scoop divide the mixture into 4 equal rounded mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Cook for 20 minutes and move to serving plates. Garnish each cake with 2 Tablespoons avocado tartar sauce.
5. Avocado Tartar Sauce: combine the avocado, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped dill in a blender (or mash by hand). Blend until smooth adding salt and black pepper to taste. 2 heaping tablespoons per serving.