1 Teaspoon instant active dry yeast
1 Tablespoon warm water
2 large eggs
1/4 Cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
6 Tbsp granular sugar substitute, divided
1 Cup almond flour
1/4 Cup coconut flour
3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
3 Teaspoons heavy cream
1 Teaspoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 7 wells of a muffin tin.
2. In a small nonreactive bowl place 1 tablespoon warm water with 1 teaspoon active dry yeast. Allow to sit until bubbly; about 1 minute. In the same bowl whisk in the eggs, coconut milk, butter, vanilla and 4 tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) xylitol. Set aside.
3. In a larger bowl combine and blend thoroughly the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, cloves and ginger. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a fork until blended. Allow to sit for about 3 minutes.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, divide dough into 7 wells of the muffin tin. Using a spatula or sharp knife cut an X into the top of each muffin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed and golden on top. Rest for 5 minutes in the tin then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool drizzle icing over the tops.
5. Icing: in a small glass bowl combine 2 tablespoons xylitol with 2 teaspoons heavy cream. Place in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir until the xylitol dissolves. Add 1 teaspoon orange zest and an additional 1 teaspoon of heavy cream if necessary to get it to a semi-thick consistency. Serve immediately. or store in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator; warm to room temperature or heat in the microwave slightly before serving.