½ cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup coconut milk
A few tbsp tomato pesto
8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 artichoke hearts, chopped
8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp coconut oil, for cooking
50g-100g cooked ham, shaved
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder and garlic powder. Using a whisk to eliminate any clumping, start mixing in the wet ingredients. You will reach a point when your whisk becomes useless and your hands are necessary, generally when the mixture starts forming a batter.
3. The batter will seem quite soft and much different in texture than the usual pizza dough, but once cooked it will take the right form.
4. On a well-greased and rimmed pizza pan, pour in the batter and spread it until it’s covering the complete surface. It’s important to use a rimmed pan so the batter doesn’t spill off.
5. Throw just the crust in the oven and allow it to bake alone for 15-20 minutes.
6. For the mushrooms, simply heat a pan of a medium heat and cook the sliced mushrooms with the coconut oil for 3 to 4 minutes, until they are well-cooked.
7. Spread the sauce on the surface of the crust, as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle on the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and cooked mushrooms and then top with the ham.
8. With the oven still at 375 F, bake the whole pizza for another 10 or so minutes, just to allow the toppings to cook.