2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Small sweet onion sliced thinly
4 Sprigs fresh rosemary stems removed, chopped
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 peaches pitted, sliced
1/4 Cup honey
3/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
10 chicken thighs skin removed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat the oil to medium/high.
3. Add the onion, rosemary, salt and pepper, sautéing until the onion is translucent and soft, about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the peach slices to the pan and sauté with the onion for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar to the pan and bring to a simmer.
6. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to a thick syrup. Do not reduce too long or the syrup will caramelize.
7. Place the chicken thighs in a lightly greased baking dish.
8. Pour the peach/balsamic sauce over the chicken, spreading the peaches over the chicken evenly.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 1 ½ hours, or until tender and cooked through.
10. Remove from oven and pour the liquid in the pan into a small saucepan.
11. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat and let boil down to a thick sauce, about 2-3 minutes.
12. Pour the sauce back over the chicken, evenly coating.