225 g butter (unsalted)
225 g unrefined golden caster sugar
4 eggs (beaten)
250 g self-raising white flour
125 g mango (dried) (finely chopped)
1 lime (zest only)
500 g icing sugar (icing)
250 g butter (unsalted) (icing)
1. Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little flour if the mixture begins to curdle.
2. Fold in the flour, chopped mango and lime zest.
3. Remove the paddle from the baking machine pan and line the base with a little baking parchment.
4. Spoon the cake mixture into the baking container and place in the bread machine.
5. Set the bread machine to Bake Mode and the timer for 65 minutes. The cake should be risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
6. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin then turn out and leave to cool.
7. For the buttercream, put the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whip until it becomes light and fluffy. Cover the top of the cake with the buttercream and serve.