1 pineapple (medium to large)
150 g butter (unsalted)
100 g unrefined light muscovado sugar
3 tsp dessicated coconut
2 tbsp dark rum
70 g glacé cherries
100 gunrefined golden caster sugar
100 g self-raising white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C, gas mark 4). Grease and line the base of 4 ramekins.
2. Peel and core the pineapple and cut into small cubes.
3. Melt 50g of butter in a frying pan with the muscovado sugar. Stir until melted and add the pineapple cubes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised.
4. Add the dessicated coconut and rum. Leave to evaporate. Remove from the heat and add the quartered glace cherries. Mix well and set aside.
5. In a large bowl cream together the remaining butter and golden caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, mixing until well combined.
6. Sift the flour and baking powder and fold in. Pour in the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
7. Fill the prepared ramekins with the pineapple mixture and press down firmly. Spoon in the cake batter over the pineapple mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, turn out onto plates and serve with some cream.