100 g self-raising white flour
100 g butter (unsalted) (softened)
100 g unrefined golden caster sugar
2 eggs (large)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
100 g raspberry jam
100 g dessicated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas 4). Lightly grease 8 moulds and line with baking paper.
2. Mix together the sponge ingredients until combined and fill each of the moulds half way.
3. Stand the moulds on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until well risen and cooked throughout.
4. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes before gently removing from the moulds. Carefully peel the baking paper off and leave to completely cool on a wire rack.
5. When fully cooled, slice the bottom of the cakes to make a flat base so that they stand up.
6. Heat up the jam and stir until smooth.
7. Sprinkle the coconut out on to a plate or baking tray making it easy for the cakes to be rolled in.
8. Carefully spread the warm jam over the cake. You can use a fork to spear the base of the cake to prevent your hands from getting sticky.
9. Once covered, roll the cakes in the dessicated coconut to coat or sprinkle over whilst rotating.
10. For the finishing touch place a raspberry on top. Store in an air tight container and consume within 3 days.