250 g self-raising white flour
25 g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
150 g unrefined golden caster sugar
2 eggs (free range, medium)
2 tbsp sherry
100 g dried cranberries
100 g whole almonds (roughly chopped)
1. Set the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl and mix together.
3. Stir in the eggs and sherry, then the cranberries and nuts and mix well until the mixture begins to come together.
4. Using your hands lightly knead the dough, then turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into 2 long fat logs.
5. Place the logs onto a baking tray, with a little room for them to spread and bake for 35 mins.
6. Remove the biscotti logs from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes until they are cool enough to slice.
7. Reduce the oven to 150°C (130°C fan, gas mark 3). Cut the logs into 1cm thick slices and arrange on the baking trays, with the cut surface upwards. Bake for a further 20 minutes to dry them out. Leave to cool then store in a cake tin for up to 1 month.