2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
zest of one lemon
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup all purpose flour (topping)
1/3 cup white sugar (topping)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (topping)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (topping)
6 tablespoons melted butter (topping)
1. Preheat your oven to 350˚F and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest to a large bowl and whisk together to combine. Add the blueberries and toss well to coat.
3. Measure the milk and vegetable oil into a large measuring cup, adding the eggs and whisking until all the wet ingredients are combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until no streaks of flour remain.
5. Combine all the ingredients of the streusel topping and mix with a fork until crumbly.
6. Distribute the muffin batter evenly among the 12 prepared muffin cups and top each with the streusel topping.
7. Bake at 350˚F for about 20 minutes or until the streusel topping is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.