3 large eggs
160 g caster sugar
160 g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
150 g salted butter
1 large orange (juice + zest)
1. Preheat the oven (180°C) and grease a 10 x 4.5-inch (25×10 cm) loaf tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Sift in the flour with the baking powder, stirring well.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour it into the batter.
5. Juice and zest the fresh orange and incorporate.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.