1 1/2 cup AP flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups coffee
1 tbsp espresso powder
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups butter soft (frosting)
1 tsp vanilla extract (frosting)
1/2 cup cocoa powder (frosting)
4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (frosting)
4 oz chocolate (frosting)
1/4 cup hot cream (frosting)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F or 160c.
2. Grease and line two 8 inch cake pans with butter paper.
3. In a large bowl sift together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In another bowl mix together coffee and espresso powder.
5. In another bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Add one egg at a time.
7. Add the sour cream and mix.
8. Now add 1/3 of the dry ingredients, 1/2 of the wet, then again dry, wet and finish it with the dry ingredients.
9. Add the melted chocolate don’t over mix just fold it in. Divide it equally into the two cake pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Let the cakes cool in the tin for ten min then take them out on a wire rack and let it cool for about 5-6 hours or until cool when touched.
11. Cream the butter and vanilla together until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar and cocoa powder. On a double boiler melt together the chocolate and cream. Let come to room temperature.
12. Then mix it in the butter cream.