4 lbs strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a large glass baking dish toss strawberries with remaining ingredients
2. Roast strawberries, stirring every 20-30 minutes, until about 1/2 of the liquid is cooked off. Using a potato masher or fork mash the mixture until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Continue roasting, watching closely to prevent the mixture from burning, until the liquid is cooked off and the mixture resembles jam.
4. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place into air tight glass storage containers and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
5. Serve with your favorite biscuits, toast or anything.