2 lb. ground beef
½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup almond flour (optional)
½ tsp. chili powder
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup homemade ketchup (sauce)
1 onion, minced (sauce)
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (sauce)
2 tbsp. honey (optional) (sauce)
2 tbsp. coconut aminos (sauce)
½ tsp. chili powder (sauce)
½ tsp. paprika (sauce)
dash of hot sauce (optional) (sauce)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (sauce)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onions, egg, almond flour, chili powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until everything is well-mixed.
3. Roll the beef mixture into bite-size balls and set aside. Heat some coconut oil in a skillet placed over a medium heat and brown the meatballs for 4 to 5 minutes on each side; then place them in a baking dish.
4. Combine all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a bowl, season to taste, and stir until combined.
5. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.