1½ pounds chicken wings and/or drumsticks
½ onion, chopped
1 mango, sliced and cubed
¼ cup lime juice
⅔ cup orange juice
1 tbsp. raw honey
1½ tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Cook the onion and mango until tender and soft. Add the spices and cook for another minute. In a blender, combine the onion-mango mixture, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pulse until you get a smooth sauce (add more orange juice if it comes out too thick). Marinate the chicken wings for 4 to 8 hours in the mango jerk sauce.
4. Preheat your oven to 425 F. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade.
5. Place chicken wings on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once. Bring the remaining marinade to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
6. Baste the wings with the remaining warm marinade. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side before serving.