1 lb. italian sausage, casing removed
2 sweet potatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
⅓ cup almond or coconut milk
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages, and crumble while cooking.
3. When the sausages are cooked, transfer them to a large bowl.
4. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the same skillet, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes over a medium heat.
5. Pour the vegetables into the bowl with the cooked sausages.
6. Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet, season to taste, cover, and cook about 8 minutes.
7. Mix the sweet potatoes into the bowl with the sausages and vegetables.
8. Pour the sausage and sweet potato mixture in a baking dish.
9. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture, and place in the oven.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, and serve warm with green onions sprinkled on top.