1/2 cup cashew flour
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup pepitas
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 t flaxmeal (ground flaxseeds)
1/2 tsp salt
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup cashew butter
1 t coconut oil
1 large egg, lightly whisked
1/2 cup dried unsweetened apples
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line and grease a large baking tray with coconut oil generously
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the cashew flour, walnuts, pepitas, shredded coconut, flaxmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom and blend until a course powder is formed. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe dish, combine the maple syrup, cashew butter and coconut oil and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until completely melted.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground up nuts/flour and add the egg and mix well. Add the liquid mixture and ensure it is fully incorporated. Pour into the greased baking pan and press firmly to ensure an even layer is formed. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, remove and cut into even sized bars.