2 sausages, cooked and sliced
½ cup almond or coconut milk
2 sweet potatoes, shredded
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
2 tbsp. cooking fat
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent and soft. Add the shredded sweet potatoes to the onion-garlic mixture. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until they’re nicely browned.
3. Remove from the heat and place in a round casserole dish or pie plate.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, chives, basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the sweet potatoes and top with the sliced sausages.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let the casserole rest for 4 to 5 minutes before slicing.