3 cups almond meal
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon coconut oil, extra
1 medium red onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
1/2 cup coconut cream
Sliced avocado, radicchio leaves and avocado oil, to serve
2 large kale leaves, stems removed, torn
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, torn
3/4 cup raw macadamia nuts, roasted
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1. Make Kale pesto: Place kale, basil, macadamias, lemon rind, lemon juice, avocado oil and 1/3 cup cold water in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in oven. Grease a 4cm- deep, 20cm round (base) loose-based, fluted tart pan with coconut oil.
3. Lightly beat 1 egg with a fork. Combine almond meal, melted coconut oil, garlic and beaten egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Press firmly and evenly over base and sides of prepared pan. Place on tray in oven. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until firm and dry. Set aside for 20 minutes or until crust cools slightly.
4. Meanwhile, melt extra coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Whisk remaining eggs together. Add asparagus, coconut cream and egg to cooled onion. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour mixture into crust. Level surface. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until just set and edges of crust are golden. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and transfer to a serving plate. Serve topped with kale pesto, sliced avocado and radicchio leaves. Drizzle with avocado oil.