18 muffins (depending on size of tin)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons brown sugar
4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
5 tablespoons white sugar
3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 1⁄2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄3 cups canned pumpkin
1⁄3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour 18 muffin cups.
2. Filling: Beat cream cheese until soft. Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Beat until smooth. Set aside.
3. Streusel topping: Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Add butter and cut it in with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
4. Muffin batter: In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and gradually incorporate eggs, pumpkin, olive oil and vanilla. Beat together until smooth.
5. Fill cups with pumpkin mixture until they're about 1/2 full. Carefully add one tbsp of the cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the batter. If you're using paper cups, try to keep cream cheese from touching the paper.
6. Sprinkle on the streusel topping. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.