225g/8oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
2 tbsp golden syrup
225g/8oz soft light brown sugar
1 tbsp ground ginger
½ tsp baking powder
pinch ground nutmeg
1 piece stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease and line a 30cm x 2 5.5cm/12in x 10in baking tray.
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan over a gentle heat, stirring continuously, until well combined.
3. Mix the oatmeal, sugar, ground ginger, baking powder and ground nutmeg together in a bowl.
4. Stir the butter mixture into the dry Ingredients: until well combined, then fold in the chopped stem ginger.
5. Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden-brown on top.
6. Remove the flapjacks from the oven, set aside to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then cut into squares and place on a wire rack until completely cooled.