2 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp runny honey
150g/5oz salted butter
150g/5oz porridge oats
100g/3½oz dessicated coconut
75g/2¾oz sour cherries
75g/2¾oz dried mango, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Grease a medium-sized deep baking tray. (The size of the tray will depend on the thickness of the flapjacks).
3. In a large saucepan, melt the golden syrup, honey and butter together over a low heat, stirring until well combined.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats, coconut, cherries and mango.
5. Pour the flapjack mixture into the prepared tray and press it down gently into the corners of the tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until deep golden-brown on top.
6. Score the flapjack into pieces whilst still hot, and allow to cool in the tin before turning out.