8 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 free-range egg yolk
50g/1¾oz butter, softened
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
2. Place the flour, sugar, peanut butter, egg yolk and butter into a large bowl and mix together until combined to a smooth dough.
3. With lightly floured hands, break off evenly sized pieces of the dough and roll into walnut sized balls.
4. Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with silicon paper or baking parchment and gently press each ball with the back of a fork to flatten slightly.
5. Place in the oven and bake for ten minutes, or until just turning golden-brown.
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool for ten minutes.
7. To serve, place on a serving plate and dust with icing sugar.