1 medium ripe eggplant
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 bag baby or curly spinach (washed and dried)
2 c bread crumbs
1 8 oz bag Mozzarella cheese
1 large baking sheet with a generous greasing of crisco
1 8x8 baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. Wash eggplant and cut in 1/2" slices, lightly salt.
3. Beat the 2 eggs in a shallow bowl, have the breadcrumb mixture next to it on a shallow plate and have the large baking sheet next to that.
4. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg, coating thoroughly.
5. Dip each slice in the breadcrumbs, coating both sides well, then place on greased baking sheet.
6. Repeat until done and then bake for 20 minutes or until till brown on one side, flip over and brown on other side.
7. Meanwhile, coat bottom of the 8x8 dish with a little of the sauce. When eggplant is all browned, remove from oven, (turn oven down to 350*) and layer eggplant on bottom of the 8x8 dish, cover with a layer of spinach, cheese and sauce.
8. Repeat with remaining slices, spinach, sauce and cheese. Bake till cheese is all nicely browned and gooey.