3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chopped bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter softened
1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
1. Combine first five Ingredients: in a large bowl; add eggs, and oil, stirring until dry Ingredients: are moistened.
2. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas. Do not beat, just stir them in. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9" round cakepans.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
5. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top.
6. Store in refrigerator.
7. Cream Cheese Frosting: beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed, with an elelctric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.