2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 lb
4 oz pepper jack cheese, sliced into thin 1/4 inch slices
1/2 c cooked spinach (frozen and thawed or sautéed fresh)
1 tbsp seasoned bread crumb
1/2 tbsp cajun seasoning
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a sharp knife, make slits in the chicken breasts widthwise that are about 3/4 inches apart, making sure not to cut all the way down through the bottom of the chicken breast. You will have about 7 or 8 slits per chicken breast, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Stuff the spinach and pepper jack slices in the slits of the chicken.
4. Combine the bread crumb and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken.
5. Place each chicken breast on its own lightly greased sheet of tin foil and make a "bowl" loosely surrounding each chicken breast. This keeps the juices contained.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove each chicken breast from its tin foil "bowl" and place on a serving dish.