4 chicken thighs, with the bone, skin and fat removed
salt and fresh pepper to taste
olive oil spray
1/2 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons chopped basil or parsley for topping
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Press saute in a pan, lightly spray with oil and brown chicken on both sides a few minutes. Set aside.
3. Spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté until soften and golden, 5 minutes.
4. Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover.
5. Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
6. Remove bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve with veg of your choice or over gluten free pasta or rice.