1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
6 tbsp gluten-free breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
1-pound salmon fillet
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups rocket
4 oz avocado, sliced
1. Remove the skin from the salmon, and cut about a 4 oz piece off.
2. Place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop. This will help hold the burgers together. With a knife finely chop the remaining salmon.
3. In a medium bowl combine the salmon with the bell peppers, breadcrumbs and garlic. In a small bowl, combine egg, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt; add to salmon mixture, tossing gently to combine.
4. Form mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate at least one hour, this will help the burgers become firm and hold together during cooking.
5. Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
6. Place rocket salad on each plate, top each with salmon burger with avocado slices – enjoy!