1½ tablespoons olive oil
8 chicken drumsticks
1 brown onion, chopped
1 large red capsicum, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 tablespoons plain flour
410 g can crushed tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup medium-grain white rice
150 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3 cm lengths
1 tablespoon sour cream
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan. Cook chicken, inbatches , until browned all over. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5-litre slow cooker.
2. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion . Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour. Stir to coat all over. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomato, then stock, stirring until well combined. Season with pepper.
3. Carefully transfer to slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 3 hours. Increase heat to high. Transfer chicken to plate. Add rice to slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Return chicken to slow cooker.
4. Cook, covered, for 40 minutes or until rice is just tender. Remove lid. Add beans. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice and beans are tender. Stir in sour cream. Stand for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
5. 2202kJ; 24.8g fat; 6.9g sat fat; 36.7g protein; 36g carbs; 4.5g fibre; 131mg chol; 1135mg sodium.