2 lbs. (32 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
2 tbsp. taco seasoning
1 cup onions, diced fine
1/2 cup celery diced fine
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
3 tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
1. Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top.
3. Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
4. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
5. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.